VMSD is asking for speaker and content submissions for its 14th annual International Retail Design Conference, to be held September 3-5 at the Fontainebleu Hotel in Miami Beach.
Deadlines for speaker submissions have been extended until March 5, 2014.
Those interested in speaking, or in suggesting possible topics and speakers, can apply on the IRDC web site. Full information and directions are available there.
For other, ongoing information about this year’s conference, go here.
As always, vendors, manufacturers and suppliers are not eligible to speak at the conference and attendance is limited to retail organizations and independent design firms. Vendors are only eligible to participate in a sponsorship capacity. For more information on that, contact Murray Kasmenn by email or at 770-578-2577.
Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure the proposal reaches the right person, candidates are advised to put “speaker proposal” in the subject line. The body of the email must include:
· ● The speaker’s name, title and organization.
· ● Proposed title of the presentation or session.
· ● An overview of the topic, including a list of talking points to cover.
· ● A description of the type of visuals that would accompany the presentation. (Visuals are very important.)
· ● A description of why this topic is of interest to IRDC’s specific market: in-house and contract retail designers and visual merchandising professionals.
Including video, audio and/or a list of references – all demonstrating speaker experience – are helpful.
And please note the new March 5 deadline.