VMSD magazine, and parent company ST Media Group, are celebrating the best and brightest young designers in retail design with the fifth annual VMSD Designer Dozen. The 12 emerging stars recognized this year come from design firms and retail organizations across the country and internationally, including Restore Design, Henri Bendel and CallisonRTKL, among others.
VMSD Editor-in-Chief Jennifer Acevedo, acknowledges the significance of these designers and their contributions. She says, “This year’s winners represent a range of job functions that must align during the design and merchandising process to create a truly compelling retail experience. From interior designers to architects, visual merchandisers to digital artists, our Designer Dozen regularly push the envelope and question the status quo to advance their craft.”
VMSD’s 2016 Designer Dozen award recipients are:
- Amberlee Isabella, Interior Designer, Gensler
- Beta Hsu, Senior Designer, CallisonRTKL
- Billy Ip, Principal, Woods Bagot
- Bridgette Hyde, Associate, CallisonRTKL
- Caroline Quinio, Associate, Kevin Kennon Architects
- Chris Obcena, Director, Visual Merchandising, Henri Bendel
- Ivan Ruvolo, 3D Designer, Fitch
- Jenna Prenger, Senior Designer, Luxottica
- Julio Obelleiro, Co-Founder, Wildbytes
- Mary Klie, Design Curator, Chute Gerdeman Inc.
- Michael Perry, Senior Designer, Prophet
- Paolo Chiorino, Design Manager, Restore Design
Profiles of the Designer Dozen will appear in VMSD’s April issue and the winners will be celebrated at a party co-hosted by Coloredge on the evening of March 24, during the GlobalShop trade show in Las Vegas.
To read about last year's Designer Dozen winners, click here.
Interested in nominating or becoming a Designer Dozen? Submissions for 2017 will open late December 2016/early January 2017. For questions, please contact the VMSD editors by emailing email@example.com.