We are currently working on a great search for a Director of Windows for an iconic luxury fashion retailer known for its theatrical windows. This person will be responsible for window creation and execution for the prominent flagship location in New York City. We are looking for the highest taste level and tier of visual or theater/set design talent.
The Windows Director is responsible for creating, directing, executing, and maintaining the creative displays for the most visible stores in the world. This is an incredible opportunity.
The job description is below. Compensation will depend on the candidate.
If qualified and interested, please send your updated resume and PDF-bound images of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michelle Stuhl & Company, Inc.
41 East 11th Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10003
Job Title: Creative Presentation Director/Windows
Location: New York, New York
Responsible for directing the brand aesthetic and building a memorable customer shopping experience by creating and maintaining rigs and interior/window displays.
· Plan and direct window and interior installations; set the brand aesthetic standard.
· Identify and develop unique design specifications by door in keeping with established seasonal themes.
· Determine required product availability and review buys as seasonally needed.
· Conduct regular walkthroughs with store line partners to determine maintenance strategies and prepare for the next installation. Partner with Store Management and Product Presentation to ensure that business needs are met in the most brand appropriate manner.
· Handle window design and execution, including production of window-sets, sourcing relevant materials, on-site prop handling and prop placement, window set painting, wallpapering, fabric hanging and draping, lighting placement and adjustment.
· Responsible for identifying and procuring creative and aesthetic elements for windows and interiors, including: wallpaper, paint, rugs, fabrics, lighting and decorative prop elements.
· Research, identify and utilize multiple vendors and resources for props and decorative elements.
· Direct and develop a team of coordinators and managers; recruit freelance staff when needed.
· Direct the styling of mannequins and vitrines.
· Adhere to the T&E budget and effectively negotiate savings/discounts with vendors and resources. Manage expenses via rolling checkbooks to ensure proper reporting to our finance partners and to ensure that budgets are aligned on an ongoing basis.
· Participate in senior creative/corporate meetings for overall branding and presentation strategies.
· Manage the installation and maintenance of windows on a rolling calendar.
· Take responsibility for staying connected to the Corporate Office via the Team Site, including updates to the directives, showrooms, advertising, product deliveries and buys.
· Know and be aware of creative competition, learn from what you see outside of your immediate environment and report back to management on observations and insights.
· 6+ years visual presentation, rigging and management experience, with at least 4 years in a luxury retail environment
· Strong management and development skill-set which enables directing and nurturing the team
· Ability to manage and travel to multiple store locations
· Ability to conduct installations outside of standard working and retail store hours (i.e., evenings after 9 PM and weekends)
· Excellent organizational skills, including time and budget management
· Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written, with supervisors, direct reports and peers
· Computer proficiency including Word, Excel and Outlook
· Passion and affinity for the brand