Gensler is a leading architecture, design and planning firm, with 3,000+ staff in locations around the world. We value an entrepreneurial spirit, collaboration and teamwork. At Gensler, you will join a highly creative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and the belief that design excellence is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
Gensler San Francisco is seeking an experienced marketing specialist to lead marketing initiatives and be a key source of knowledge and leadership for marketing opportunities and practice area business development. This specific role supports our Lifestyle studios, which plan, design and implement the full range of lifestyle design, from store design and rollout to FF&E and retail architecture. We also provide brand development and merchandising design – everything from the customer experience to the logos, labels and packaging.
The marketing specialist will a) partner with studio principals to develop Gensler’s marketing strategy and approach, b) research, design, write, and produce business proposals and collateral materials, c) interpret our brand and past projects in light of specific client needs, and d) communicate our approach in written and graphic form in a way that differentiates us from our competition.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and directly related marketing experience, including experience in retail, hospitality, and/or brand design
• Knowledge of the business development proposal process
• Superior writing skills, including ability to craft a story in a compelling manner
• Strong InDesign skills
• Ability to use strategic thinking to analyze the market and understand/profile our customers and competitors
• Experience working independently, project managing multiple marketing efforts simultaneously
• Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under tight deadlines, with constant attention to detail
• Strong communication, organization, team-building and relationship management skills
For consideration, please submit current resume, cover letter, and relevant writing and InDesign work samples (PDF preferred). Submittals must include work samples for full consideration.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Resumes must be submitted online. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.