Brown Shoe Company, based in St. Louis, MO is currently seeking a Global Visual Merchandising Manager for our international locations. We currently have about 100 international retail locations and 250 shop in shops. This role will be responsible for the concept and layout designs for the locations. The manager will be responsible for developing and communicating the visual standards to the international partners. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience merchandising at a corporate level. They must have a a passion for current style trends in visual and design. Must be an expert MAC user and skilled in AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Please see job description below and apply at www.brownshoe.com/careers if interested.
- Assures that Visual Standards are developed, communicated to partners
- Assures that each Seasonal Product Placement Plan is created and communicated to partners
- Assures the successful implementation of seasonal signs/displays.
- Assures the successful implementation of new VM projects, fixtures and displays.
- Assures the creation of customized marketing assets for partners
Position Essential Functions
- Visual Merchandising
- Conceptualize, prepare and execute seasonal store sets
- Creation of monthly window options and identify visual props and elements to support merchandising initiatives and enhance in store environments
- Tests in-store set-up when appropriate
- Ensures POP is “designed” properly from start to finish (prototyping, images, final output, kit instructions, shipping)
- Create Store Set Guides for Visual Merchandising that provides detailed direction on flow of key product initiatives and placement by partnering with marketing team on incorporating key styles
- Identify and develop training opportunities to build visual merchandising skills in the market.
- Prepares customized sign kits for various partners
- Store Design
- Assist and partner in the global development of all retail environments.
- Creates, manages and maintains Design Standards Manual
- Partners cross-functionally with partners in pre-construction, design development, and ongoing post-construction assessment for potential change and improvements
- Creates design development drawings and 3d Renderings for retail stores and wholesale shop in shops.
- Reviews and approves partner design compliance and manages flow of design changes
- On a continual basis, research and source alternative finish materials, millwork and store design options.
- Participate in the collaborative design of new fixtures and store models.
- Creative Production
- Production of print advertising, brochures, catalogs, point of sale, in-store signing, or any other related project for partners
- Production of trade show materials
- Bachelors’ degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years experience in Visual Merchandising
- Knowledge and passion for current style trends in visual and design
- Understanding of Store Environment processes and roles of cross-functional partners
- Has a solid understanding of architecture and engineering methods
- Architectural or Interior Design license preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated project management skills with multiple projects
- Understanding of fixture and millwork construction.
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Adobe Suite: Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator
- AutoCad and 3-D Modeling