Collective Brands, Inc. (NYSE: PSS) is a leader in bringing compelling lifestyle, fashion and performance brands for footwear and related accessories to consumers worldwide. The company operates three strategic business units which reach consumers through a powerful brand portfolio, sold at multiple price points and through diverse selling channels including retail, wholesale, ecommerce, franchising and licensing.
Collective Brands, Inc. includes Payless ShoeSource, a chain of more than 4,500 retail stores focused on democratizing fashion and design in footwear and accessories; Stride Rite, a premiere portfolio of lifestyle, athletic, and children's brands, including Stride Rite(R), Keds(R), Sperry Top-Sider(R), Robeez(R), and Saucony(R), sold primarily through wholesaling; and Collective Licensing International, the brand development, management and global licensing unit, with youth lifestyle brands such as Airwalk(R), Vision Street Wear(R), Lamar(R), and Sims(R), among others. Information about each of the Collective Brand's business units and brands can be found at http://www.collectivebrands.com.
Our world headquarters is centrally located in Topeka, KS, facilitating easy travel to all parts of the country. And, Topeka enjoys close proximity to Kansas City and Lawrence, home of the University of Kansas, providing our Associates with multiple communities in which to reside.
Please apply to www.careersatpayless.com to job id#2156.
Summary of Position: The Manager of Store Planning coordinates the store planning & design efforts of new store development between the design team in Topeka and the consulting architect(s) in Colombia. CBI expects approximately 30+ stores will be opened each of the next few years in Colombia which would likely result in design development of perhaps 50 stores +/- in order to achieve 30 actual. Manager of Store Planning would also have opportunity to expand to offer support in other Latin American countries to improve communication and execution of design and drawings for all Latin stores.
- Work closely with Real Estate partners to quickly prepare preliminary fixture plans to acquire SDC approval as early as possible.
- Partner with RE Reps and Construction PMs to set Project Schedules for SDC approval, and coordinate and track all drawing and permit dates for each project.
- Oversee the work of the local architecture firms and ensure that the design intent and standards of Payless are incorporated in each new store.
- Coordinate the onsite surveys of existing spaces, prior to the preparation of design documents.
- Review design documents for accuracy. Coordinate the efforts to obtain construction permits as required.
- Respond to RFIs during construction and review field work orders to verify validity and to improve future drawings.
- Work with Construction partners to review punch lists at completion to ensure that the design intent has been met and the store meets the approved Payless standards.
- Must have Minimum 3 years experience in project management in a retail environment.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in an Architectural field.
- Must be bi-lingual in English and Spanish, both written and oral communications.
- Must be Proficient in a recent release of AutoCAD.
- Strong focus on drawing quality and accuracy.
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Possess “user” skill level in Excel and Word.
- Legal to and available to travel internationally, a minimum of 25% of the time.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on time.
- Able to manage multiple projects and outside consultants, simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills.
- An extremely high, visible sense of urgency, self motivator
- Ability to resolve conflict.
- Retail focused studies in Bachelors degree in an architectural field.